Thursday, June 28, 2012

Majestic Restaurant at New Majestic Hotel

I was cordially being invited to taste this set of luxurious meal at the New Majestic Hotel.


Here is my verdict. This is my tastes without even knowing what the menu serves.
Disclaimer: Taste is a very personal experience. What tingles my tongue does not necessary tingles yours. :p

Choice of the night is one of Cheg Yong's signature.


When it's served...

Sliced Peking Duck with Pan Seared Foie Gras and Banana topped with Black Caviar

I am not sure if the sliced peking duck skin should come with a little meat as it feels empty. So I wrapped the foie gras together. The foie gras pan seared nicely with a very fragrant outer layer and the inside is very soft. The banana is coated with a layer of torched sugar which is crispy. The caviar should be eaten with foie gras than banana but it's layed on top of the banana.

Double-boiled Sea Treasures Soup with Superior Shark's Fin and Black Truffle

This is very good! The soup's taste is "enough fire" 够火候 as Chinese says it. There are many treasures which some of them are chicken and mushroom. I'm not a fan of black truffle as it's bitter.

Baked Fillet of Fish with Sauteed Egg White Crabmeat Sauce

This fish is nice which outer layer rather fragrant with sauce but it's only nice when it's eaten alone. If you eat the egg white with the fish, you will not be able to taste the fish's fragrant. The egg white's taste is so strong that even you can't taste the crabmeat sauce. I prefer to have only the fish and some "special" or fragrant sauce.

Braised South African Dried Abalone with Beancurd and Garden Greens in Ancient style (25 head)

When this plate is served, I was expecting to smell the fragrant sauce but instead I smell green more. The brocolli's smell is stronger than the sauce? I had to have the brocolli first then after I could smell the nice sauce fragrant. Abalone is nice but I think it's just a little soft. Should it be a little Q? The beancurd is fragrance, especially the outer layer which I like!

Stewed Boston Lobster Noodles with Ginger and Spring Onion

The lobster is fresh and Q which is nice. It's good enough with just a little of the noodle sauce. It's advisable to eat the lobster with the noodle. As I don't eat ginger and spring onion, the noodle becomes very plain towards tasteless. I was expecting some "dried egg noodle" taste but it's not there. I think I would enjoy more with just the lobster.




They have a list for choice of desserts, mainly on pudding, puree and hot dessert. So we had DURIAN!

Crispy Durian

It's fried durian ice cream. The outer flour is crispy but does not taste oily which is good but the durian ice cream's taste is not very strong for a durian lover.

"Mao Shan Wang" Durian

Real durian served with a long biscuit. Is it the durian season? The durian did not taste fresh enough but the taste is definitely stronger than the durian ice cream. It's new to eat with the biscuit. Not bad~~

No comments:

Post a Comment