Sunday, June 17, 2012

S.Wine Cafe

I recommendation by my brother and yes! I also recommend it! It's a place like "home", back to my piggy world. Eating them is not horrible, it's appreciating it's richness and saluting it's great sacrifice for mankind! :D

Location:
Lot 1A, 83-95, Level UG1
(Inside Ben's Independent Grocer)
Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Tel: +603-6209 1716

Hours: Mon-Fri 11:00 - 22:00, Sat-Sun 09:00 - 22:00









The place is small (a reason to go early or wait for the long queue) but ambience is cosy. Entering the place is so welcoming for me, seeing all my "relatives".



A few delicious dished that I have tried and would also recommend. Yummy!

Spaghetti Carbonara (RM26)


Traditional carbonara with pancetta chunks and roughly torn prosciutto (simply to me, pork bacon) and raw egg yolk. A mixture with egg yolk should smooth the spaghetti but the carbonara taste covers the egg yolk but it's not disappointing because the carbonara it's not too creamy and the taste is boosted with the little salty bacons.

Warm Pork Confit, Watermelon & Lychee Salad (RM24)

Salad with watermelon, lychee are ok but warm pork confit? Oh yes! It's simply pork belly chunk cooked like fried pork knuckle. Seriously crunchy and delicious. I can have the pork confit like having popcorn! Just one this I dislike about this salad is the peppermint leaves. If you wouldn't mind, order this!!

Garlic & Arugula Pork Sausages with Sauerkraut Rosti (RM29)

Garlic sausage - not very garlicy (luckily) and pork sausage - ooohhh, I like!! o(^_^)o Sauerkraut rosti, I also like! What is sauerkraut? When you have German sausage at restaurant, there is a small portion of soury vege on the plate. That's it! :p

Pea & Ham Soup (RM14)

I think it's the ham that makes the pea soup less vege taste. I never thought I could love a pea soup.

Sloppy Piggy Burger (RM26)

Soft burger bun sandwich-ing tender pork. Accompanied by fries, coleslaw and a small portion of pickles. The burger portion is just right. If it's bigger, I think it will be too much meat.

Whole Slab of Sticky Ribs with Chips & Slaw (RM80)

Knife? shoo shoo, take it away! You just need a fork and a spoon! Fork for meat and spoon or sauce. The meat is so tender and juicy, you can just tear it with a fork nicely. It has been marinated by a little sweet sauce but you can add more with a spoon! Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment